Thursday, February 22, 2007

Big Money...No Whammies!

I thought I would wrote another post talking about the benefits of payperpost.com. I signed up a few weeks ago in hopes of making a little pocket change while blogging, but once I signed up...I found out that it is a pretty sweet deal.

Ok, so here is the deal on how it works. They have something called a segmented system which awards high ranked blogs with EXCELLENT opportunities. What that really means is that the more important and popular your blog is...the more likely you are to get opportunities which will pay you big bucks. Right now they have some posts which pay $1000 per post. That's crazy, right? My blog is middle of the pack in terms of importance and popularity...so I am usually not eligible for the fat cat posts, but I can still get pretty high paying ones. I have written posts worth $10, $15, etc. That's not too bad for a post that probably took 10-15 minutes to write. Since I have joined in early to mid February...I have already made close to 50 bucks. There are ads for things like mortgate companies, dating sites, ecards, etc. There is something that interests just about everyone. The only real requirement is that you make sure that there is disclosure on your blog, so that readers know that PPP is sponsoring specific posts on your blog.

People have emailed and asked me how PPP works...and how they make money at doing this. Basically, it is a blog ad network. From my understanding, PPP gets advertisers to give them money and then they allow us to blog about those advertisers and they pay us. And unlike a lot of other ad sites out there, PPP only charges a 35% fee for the post. That means that we are making 75% of the money from the advertiser every time we write a post. Other sites like ReviewMe charges a 100% markup.

PPP really makes sense for high and low traffic blogs alike. I am more low traffic, but I still think it is a pretty awesome program. So, I can only imagine how awesome the program would be for someone who is high traffic. Someone who is high traffic could possible make a living at doing this....instead of just doing this for pocket change like I am.


Labels: ,