Friday, February 16, 2007

Beauty and The Geek

Anyone else out there watching Beauty and the Geek like I am? I started watching this show a couple of seasons ago...and just think it is darling cute. If anyone hasn't seen it...I will a quick synopsis of the show. It's a competition where people are put into couples...comprising of a very beautiful (and often ditzy and dumb) girl and a geeky and awkward guy. The couples have to compete...where the girls have to do brainy, geeky things like learning how to build and launch a rocket...and the guys have to do things like asking someone out on a date, etc. And in the end...the couple that survived the longest wins $250,000.

I will admit..I love this show. I think it is funny, but it is also very sweet. It's interesting to see the people change...the geeks become more confident and comfortable with themselves...and the girls realizing that looks isn't everything and that everyone has skills and positives. By the end...the couples usually establish a pretty good friendship (with someone they never thought they would be friends with before).




Anyways...the finale for the show was on this week and I happened to catch it. I have a favorite geek...and it is Nate (that's him on the bike up there). I just think the world of him. I think he's funny and sweet and actually pretty charming. I also think he is just a unique person...someone who I think it would be awesome to be friends with.

I really wanted Nate to win...except I can't stand his partner, Cecille. She is so stuck up and obnoxious. She didn't change at all...she walked in thinking the guys were just losers and geeks and walked out thinking the same thing. She said to the contestants that she would never be with anyone unless they had millions of dollars....and that none of these guys have anything to offer her. She stated she was better than all the guys...and most of the girls. It was just disheartening to see someone so unchanged by the experience...and so self-centered. Ugh.

Well...Nate basically agreed with my opinion on this. The couple who was to win...was the couple that was considered to have changed the most by the experience. They won by having the other contestants vote for them. About halfway through the episode...Nate realized that Cecille hadn't changed at all...and that if she won it would validate her opinions, etc. So..Nate went around to all the other contestants and asked for them to not vote for him or Cici. He said that he didn't need the money because the experience was enough in itself...and he just couldn't stomach Cici winning...after she didn't learn anything in the process.

Aww...that just makes me respect and adore Nate more. I think it is wonderful that he saw the big picture...and saw that money wasn't everything. I think it is amazing that he looked outside himself and hoped that Cici not getting something handed to her on a silver plate might just make an impact.

I adore Nate. I just wanna give him a huge bear hug!

Labels: