Friday, February 16, 2007

free cell phones...and cool ones at that!

I love my cell phone. I probably couldn't live without it. I remember when cell phones first came out and I thought they were so silly. I never thought I would own one and if I did, it would only be for emergencies. Now...everyone has a cell phone. They are so practical. I don't own a house phone at all now. I use my cell phone as my main phone and find it really ecomonical too. I don't know what I would do without my cell phone.

I have a friend who's cell phone is currently on the fritz. She can only talk on it when it is on speaker phone...which means that all of her phone conversations can be heard by anyone walking by. Her cell phone contract doesn't run out for a couple of months...so she feels she is stuck with this crappy, barely works phone. She is looking for a new contract and a new phone...desperately.

I don't remember which cell phone company she has, but I am sending her this link to wirefly.com about super cell phone deals. it works with a bunch of different cell phone carriers...including Cingular, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, Sprint, Nextel, etc.

And so you probably are thinking that they will give you great deals on crappy phones, but not those new, swanky ones. Nope...not at all. Wirefly's featured deals include a free Blackberry Pearl and all types of the RAZR phones. Some of the phone deals come with bluetooth headsets too.

I clicked on their website and looked at what they offered for Verizon Wireless since that is my cell phone carrier. I am able to get the individual plan for the same price ($39.99) a month that I pay right now. But, I can get a free RAZR phone with it. That phone retails for about $250.00...and when I log onto the Verizon site you can get that phone discounted, but nothing close to free.

My contract expires at Verizon pretty soon...and I am really tempted to head over to wirefly.com and sign up through them. Not only do I get a free phone, but a pretty awesome free phone! I am definitely getting my poor friend to take a look at it.

This is a paid post.

Labels: