Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Welcome 2007!

Happy New Year everyone...I know...three days late! I haven't been even remotely near my computer for the past few days. I worked at the video store on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, so when I was home...I was just vegging out in front of the TV!

Which by the way....I officially gave my notice at the video store on Monday. So that means that in two weeks I will no longer work for video store land. It's about time, eh? I like it there...sometimes, but it just isn't worth it to be an employee there anymore.

OK...and here they are...these are my fitness goals for 2007! I did pretty well during most of 2006, but the last few months...I lost almost all focus...and then went downhill bigtime. So, I feel I have new motivation...and am going to set out specific goals I want to accomplish this year.

2007 Fitness Goals

1. Lose 35 lbs in total during the year. I lost close to that last year...and then gained some back, so this year...I would like to lose 35. Actually I would like to have the 35 pounds lost by May...which would end up being 5 pounds a month. That is my first goals. And the following goals...should help me accomplish that.

2. I want to join the YMCA. I am going to officially go once I am no longer a video store employee. I know I will have more time then...so I am going to join and actually use it.

3. In addition...my goal is to spend 10-15 hours a week at the Y. If I am going to get a membership...I want to use it or it is just a waste of my money. So...if I get my 10-15 hours in a week...I am going to set aside some money each week into a saving account for a vacation or to buy something fun. Therefore...I am also rewarding myself for working out and getting healthy.

4. Continue researching the raw food diet...and start implementing it. I am not starting 100% raw...but about 75% or so. I am actually starting that right now, so I will let you know how it goes. I need to keep reading out the raw dier as well, so I make sure I am getting everything I need. But the more I read...it seems super healthy and makes complete sense how you lose weight while eating this way. (I might post later with what I am eating right now...just so y'all know I am not crazy!)

5. Continue taking 15 minute breaks at work and walking...because it isn't a lot of exercise, but it helps since most of my day is sitting on my butt and typing on the computer or talking on the phone.

6. Continue the 30 Day Challenges...I think they help me and let me focus on something I know I need to work on for at least 30 days.

7. Buy a bike this spring or summer...and start biking on nice days to work.

I think that is enough for now...but I do know that it is January and I have a blank slate...I can start again with that same focus I had last year. Rock on!

Labels: