Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Holiday Recap

Hey y'all....I survived the holidays! I finished the 12 Days of Health challenge and I am so glad I did it. It didn't make the holidays as bad for the diet as they usually are.

I have written before that I am usually quite bah humbug about the holidays...and I often just want to get through them. In all honesty...I have no idea where this comes from. I woke up on Christmas Eve...and it didn't feel like Xmas Eve at all...didn't feel special in the least. I went to church in the morning with my mom...since it was Sunday and all...and then went home, had lunch with the folks and went to my apartment to get ready to go to work. Yep...I was scheduled to work at the video store until it closed at 11pm. Our video store is open every single day of the year...Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, etc...we want to make sure that when you have had enough of your family that you can run to the video store and get some mindless entertainment. Anyways...I got a message from another girl at the store who wanted to pick up my shift! Sweet...I definitely took her up on that deal.

Suddenly....the Christmas spirit really hit. I brought some little presents over to a couple friends of mine who were stuck working on Xmas eve. I went and bought candy and snacks for those stuck working at video store land. And...I called my mom and told her the good news that we could go to Christmas Eve service. I love the Christmas eve service...is it just so loving and connected...and usually involves a lot of singing Christmas music...which I love.

I came home...fell asleep...and woke up about 9am...so different from when I was a kid and was awake by 6am at the latest. I cleaned the kitchen in my apartment and headed over to my parents. We chatted...opened presents...had brunch (my mom made some yummy mac 'n cheese) and then watched a movie. It was a nice day. My favorite gift was a juicer...and I adore it. I can't wait to juice everything in my sight!!! I think the juicer is really going to help me with my health goals...and my ideas about going to the raw food way of eating. So far...I have only juiced a lemon and it made the apartment smell so great!!

As far as fitness....I am going to spend this week thinking about my fitness goals. I know that I need to get myself back in gear. I got a few raw food books which I have been reading....and it looks like something that is doable. So...be waiting for January 1st...when I will share with the world what my 2007 fitness goals are!!! *drum roll*

Hope everyone had a wonderful and peaceful holiday!

Labels: ,