Tuesday, January 30, 2007

24, Starveillance, GMA!

Hey everybody! How's it hanging in the internet world? Good here, thanks.

Let's see...let's chat about 24 first. Ah...I love this show. I like that Jack's family is involved this year...in a way that isn't Kim getting herself into trouble and messing up Jack's day. It's interesting that one of the terrorists is...dum, dum, dum...Jack's brother. That definitely puts a different spin on things. I swear...you don't know what you are missing if you aren't watching this show.

Is anyone out there watching Starveillance on E!? It's one of the funniest shows ever...I happened to see an ad for it a couple of months ago and have been Tivoing it ever since. They basically pretend to have hidden cameras in Hollywood to capture different things and I think it is acted out with puppets or claymation or something like that (it's much funnier than I just described...no really...it is). So...last week's episode...one of the skits was showing Bennifer right before Gigli premiered. And first...neither Ben, nor Jen could pronounce Gigli...they kept calling it giggly and things like that. And then Matt came by and convinced Ben that he should come back to him (in a very Brokeback way) instead of staying with J-Lo. I love Benji more than most...but good lord...this was FUNNY!

And my last thought for the morning...was something I saw on GMA this morning. They spent the first 10 minutes or so talking about Barbaro...the race horse which got hurt last year and ended up having to be put down yesterday. Is it sad? Yeah...I guess. I know a lot of people really wanted the horse to make a swift recovery. But...umm...I might sound like the devil here...but it was a horse. They covered it with the same seriousness as well President Ford died. And then when they were covering the event...the reported guy ended up saying, "Barbaro's last meal was grass." I kid you not...how is that not hilarious to everyone. Seriously??? We are at war...our economy is shot...the environment is shot...and that the great, wonderful news reporting we get. I don't know if the world would have survived without knowing that Barbaro's last meal was dum, dum, dum....grass!

Labels: