Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #17


Thirteen Things about Fitness in Shelley's Life!


1. I just joined the YMCA...and I plan on using it. I am not wasting $37 dollars each and every month!
2. I love the Y's step classes and plan on signing up in the spring session.
3. I am paying myself $1 for each hour that I spend at the Y....as a way to make sure that I go and to reward myself for doing so.
4. I am working on eating a raw food diet.
5. I can no way eat raw 100% of the time...at least right now. I only eat raw up until dinner time.
6. The only downside...I get hungrier than I used to eating raw. By the time I leave work I am starving.
7. I think it is because the foods I eat now are so much easier to break down.
8. I have started to plan a snack for right after work, so I don't eat myself out of house and home.
9. I did find the one day I spent a lot of time at the Y...I didn't overeat at all. That is definitely something to remember.
10. I still love my elliptical..I haven't abandoned her. I still use it when I can't get to the Y.
11. I want to try to Couch to 5K program again...I have tried it twice before and always quit to go to another fitness routine. Since the Y has an indoor track, I think I should give it another go.
12. I still have 35 pounds I want to lose...and don't like that I spent November and December gaining weight.
13. However, I am very proud of my fitness level and that I didn't DIE when I stepped on the elliptical machine at the Y for the first time. I am overweight, but I am still healthier than I was before I started all this. That's something that I carry onto when I struggle or get frustrated.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels: , , , ,