Tuesday, January 23, 2007

First Day at the Y....

I went to the Y yesterday....when I got out of work, I attempted to talk myself out of it. I started saying that I could just use my elliptical in my apartment, etc...and not have to drive ALL THE WAY OVER THERE. Please...I just got over myself and got into the car. The Y is about 10 minutes away...and I paid to have a membership there, so I am GOING TO USE IT!

I spent an hour and a half there...and then came home and made some soup for dinner. It was nice to have the choice for machines...instead of a tape or my elliptical. I did a 15 minute warm up on the track...did 40 minutes on the elliptical, 20 minutes on the bike and then another 15 minute cooldown on the track.

Since I am paying myself the horrible rate of one dollar for every hour I am at the gym...I will be putting $1.50 into my fitness savings fund. I won't put the money there until the end of the month, but it is nice to know that I am working out...and also saving to get myself something nice down the road.

Tonight...I am planning on working out in my apartment...just a quick 30-40 minutes on the elliptical, but don't worry...I will be seeing that gym again soon!

Labels: , ,