Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The State of Our What???

So..last night I watched American Idol for an hour because well...I can't help myself. And then AI was cut short and I watched the State of the Union from our dear ol' President. He said the same things...the economy is good...we must balance the budget, but not raise taxes and continue to spend, spend, spend on a war. Yadda...yadda...yadda...same speech just a little less arrogant because now he actually might have to work with democrats instead of saying he will work with them and then thumbing his nose at them. Same old...the president is evil...nuff said.

Well...maybe not. I thought the reaction shots were often worth the pain of having to listen to that speech. One...Ted Kennedy looked like his head was about to explode at one point...like he was having the migraine of his life. Two..the constant shots to Hillary for a reaction...and usually, it was nothing. It was nice to see her tap Barack Obama on the shoulder and watch them have a nice exchange. I am sure the campaigns will get nasty, but it is nice to see two people competing for the same office...and actually looking like they like each other. And then there is Condeleeza Rice looking all angry and crankilicious...I swear that woman never looks happy. But then again...would I look happy if it was my job to continue to spout the president's lies and then look surprised when I am caught, etc. Poor Condi...

And my favorite reaction shot...which I actually missed...but a friend caught and told me about...was John McCain who looked like he was completely sleeping during the speech. The speech was late...McCain should have planned ahead and taken a little nappy poo! And of course...I know...he was just resting his eyes!

LOL It's sad and entertaining...that our political system is just ripe for comedy, eh?

Labels: ,