Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #13

Rock on! This TT is my 13th!!!


Thirteen Things Shelley Did In 2006 That She is Proud/Happy About!


1. I got my own apartment and moved out of my parents' house. I love my parents, but I also LOVE my independence.
2. I went from being an Americorps member at my job to a paid staff member. (That steady income sure helped me accomplish #1!)
3. I started losing weight again in 2006...I didn't lose everything that I wanted to and I struggled more than I would have liked, but at the end of 2006...I am still healthier, smaller and more motivated than I was a year ago.
4. I bought an elliptical machine for my apartment. You have no idea how much I love this machine.
5. I participated in a Juvenile Diabetes 5K event...and because I am competitive even when it comes to a charity event...I finished the walk/run in the top 10. And...I raised about 150 bucks too.
6. I started going back to church on a consistent basis. I have always considered myself a spiritual person, but had a hard time going back to church after my pastor moved to a new church a few years back...and in all honesty, I was afraid church was going to get in the way of my "life." I am glad I can see how it adds to my life instead of subtracts.
7. I took the exam for my job (civil service) and 3 months later got the result in the mail that I passed and therefore was officially placed in the position! phew!
8. I moved from my own apartment into a new apartment with a great friend. It's a great way to save money and it also is nice to have someone around...and not be so lonely and isolated sometimes.
9. I have been a neater, cleaner person since moving in with my roommate. You have no idea how huge that is...since I tend to clutter and turn my home into a complete and disgusting hole. I have become the "neat" one in the apartment and that just kicks ass.
10. I created a spread sheet and filing system for all of my bills and monthly payments. I have always been pretty good with money and paying bills...but I love the new system. I am actually enough of a geek that I love payday because it means I get to use my little spreadsheet and pay all the upcoming bills. I know..but hey, I would rather be an uber geek than someone who's credit is shot because she can't seem to pay her bills on time.
11. I have made some really nice friendships at home and with some of the video store girls. I have really looked to increase my social circle...and I am looking to even expand it in the coming year. I make acquaintance well, but real friendships sometimes scare the bejesus out of me. I feel great that I have a small circle of just amazing friends in my life.
12. I gave blood in 2006. I am truly proud of this...yes, because I saved a life and all, but also because they let me. The last two times I have attempted to give blood I have been turned away because my iron count was not high enough...I increased my iron intake and happuly was able to give blood.
13. Have really been there through 2006 for my family. I am so glad I moved home to NY from IN a few years back. My mom has been in the hospital a couple of times this year...one was an incredible scare...go back to march and read if you want...and I am really happy and proud that I could be there for my family. It would have broken my heart to have been stuck out in the midwest when all of that was going on. Many times I was just sitting there or visiting, but I really have learned that doing that is often the most important thing you can do. P.S. My mom is doing so WELL right now...and I am eternally grateful for that.





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels: ,