Thursday, October 26, 2006

the things that keep you going...

I was looking around online yesterday...and realized something that kind of made me sad. A lot of the sites that I really liked...and looked to for inspiration have either shut down or taken an extended hiatus. It's sad to me...because I loved spending time here and finding inspiration, education and fellow members of support at these places. The fitness end of the internet just seems a little more lonely lately.

Don't get me wrong...I love reading the fitness blogs I have found out there. I love sharing my story and having people share their stories with me. But I miss those sites that magically bring us all together...well throwing some fun, inspiring and educational stories at us. I miss the challenges and that external motivation it would bring me. I just miss it.

And...in the end, I get it. For about 2 years I didn't write about anything fitness related because well...I just wasn't able to. I wrote about everything else, but not fitness...and now it is all I seem to write about. I just didn't have the strength to share the struggle...publicly. I didn't have the heart and the guts to post that "ooh...I lost a pound this week" only to have to write next week that I gained three of them back. Or even worse...to post gains on a consistent basis. So...I dropped off the weight loss/fitness blogging universe. Last year...in January I reappeared...and for me, I am promising to myself to keep with it until I accomplish my goals. If my goals take me 10 years to accomplish...littered with set backs and failures...I plan on blogging right through it. I know...for me...blogging helps me. It helps me look at what I am going right...what I need to change...and it also allows me to hear other voices, opinions and words of support.

So...thanks to those sites and the inspiration they gave me while they were around...I hope to see them sprout back up sometime again.