Friday, September 22, 2006

Day 17 and still kicking....

Yesterday...I was cranky, had a headache, was hungry and had to work until 1am at the video store.

You could say that my diet was on the way to disaster yesterday. I ate a mini-dinner when I ran home...before jetting off to video store land. I put a snack in my bag...semi-healthy...a south beach breakfast bar.

So, I got to video store land...and got a headache about an hour later. And when I get headaches...I seem to be under the impression that eating will make them go away. I started looking around the video store...for the snacks I could eat. I kept walking around and analyzing what might work.

My no candy challenge...really saved my ass last night. About 90% of the food in the video store is candy...and I wanted ALL of it. I knew I should eat something and my cereal bar was not going to be it.

What did I decide on? I decided to buy a Diet Pepsi...since the caffeine would be good for me. And then I was bad...I got an ice cream cookie sandwich. They are horrible for me...but it was one thing...not a bunch of things. I was tempted to go over to the pizza place and get their eggplant parm, but I didn't. I was tempted to eat all the candy we were stocking, but I didn't. Instead, I had a diet pepsi and some tylenol...and then a yummy ice cream sammie!

I know full well...that without my no candy promise...I would have eaten my body weight in Milky Ways Popables! *winks* Sadly...I know I am not kidding.