Tuesday, September 12, 2006

30 lb sneaker reward controversy....

If you look over at the left margin...it has all my lb rewards. I bought the Yum Yum Bowls for losing 10 lbs. I bought Lotion and Lip Gloss for losing 20 lbs. And then I bought a pair of sneakers for losing 30 lbs. Well...since losing those 10 lbs that brought me to 30...I gained them back.

I am one pound away from having 30 lbs lost again....and so...in actuality, I already bought my 30 lb. reward. I bought the shoes...and then went ahead and gained those 10 lbs. back. Bah!

However...I really dislike the sneaks I bought. I have only worn them once. They were super, duper cheap...and I don't like the look and fit nearly as much as I thought I did when I tried them on in the store. If I could find the receipt, I would return them...but I have no idea where it is. And...I probably wouldn't return them anyways. I bought them in the mall..from a friend who works there. I know that if I return them...then it goes against her sales quota, etc...so it isn't worth it to me to return them. Plus...I think I threw the box they came in away in the move. So..there are about a million and a half reasons why I am not going to return a pair of sneaks I don't like.

The question is...do I go out and buy another pair of sneaks that I DO like? Part of me says no...I already got my reward for losing 30 lbs and I shouldn't buy another pair of sneakers. But...the other part of me says that even though I gained that weight back...I lost another 10 lbs. towards my goal....and maybe I should honor that.

Hmm...I will have to ponder it...since I am only officially weighing in once a month...so no official decision until the 1st of October. On my daily, non-official weigh ins...I am already at that goal. But well...it is non-official...so it doesn't count.