Monday, August 28, 2006

Vacation Plan....

I said a few days ago that I don't plan on doing a heck of a lot during my vacation...and that is absolutely true.

One thing I plan on doing...is focus a little more on my eating and exercise. I am going to spend this week working on a new diet and just see how it all goes.

I have been reading Renee's blog for years now...and I often find her inspiring. One, because of the hard work she puts into her weight loss efforts. And two, because of her honesty. She's been doing South Beach lately...which has kind of intrigued me.

I have never been a fan of low carb dieting...mainly because I am a vegetarian. Diets that focus on piles of meat and not being able to eat veggies don't tend to fly with me. Obviously. But...what intrigues me about Renee and her list of food and that often her foods are very vegetarian friendly.

I am not going to do the South Beach diet...but I am going to take Renee's inspiration and add a bunch of protein to my diet and remove a lot of the refined carbs from my diet. Hmm...maybe that is South Beach and I just don't know it...never read the book. *giggles*

An example...for breakfast, I usually have a Special K Breakfast Bar and a small cup of yogurt. This morning for breakfast...I had two stalks of celery which were filled with natural peanut butter....mmm....yummy!

And last night...I made the best dinner ever. I sliced and diced some green pepper and an onion...cooked it up in a pan...added some fresh cut tomatoes...added in some soy crumbles...added some water and some taco seasonings....then added in a cup of black beans. Oh my lord...it was one of the best dinners I have made....and it was SO filling. I only ate about 1/3 of what I made...and saved the rest for dinners for the rest of the week.

If anything...this diet excites me because I might start cooking more. I think I have been scared away from cooking...because I thought it was easier to make a frozen dinner because then I could control every single calorie. But...fresh veggies and natural foods...that's really where I want to be.

Mmmm....mmmm....good!