Thursday, August 17, 2006

thursday ramblings...

I got paid today at my day job....ahh....I love pay day...the actually day, not the candy bar! *giggles* I get direct deposit, so when I wake up on pay day...my money is in the bank. As soon as I wake up on pay day...I log onto my account, check my balance, giggle about having money and then immediately pay ALL the bills which are due within the next two weeks. It's a ritual I actually enjoy...it's not about having the money leave my account, it's about the process of paying the bills and being responsible. And this pay period...I have a bit of money left over, so now I have to figure out what I am going to do with it. I am boring, so I am probably going to send it my savings acct, but who knows!

I applied for a job at the local YMCA yesterday. They seemed very excited to be meeting with me. They said that they weren't sure my day job schedule would play well with the Y's schedule, but if it worked out...they seemed very interested in hiring me. Who knows. I would love to work at the Y...I would LOVE the free membership to the Y...I would love to work in a fitness friendly atmosphere...and I don't think I will be tempted with free pizza there.

I spent a ton of time with my mom at the hospital yesterday. I got there about 5pm. Her doctor had not been there yet...and he was supposed to be there on Monday sometime...so, I was not leaving until he showed up. He told the nurses he would be arriving soon at 4:30pm or so...and he actually showed up at 9:30pm. He's a nice man, but I was annoying with how he just left my mom lying there for 3 days. The good news...he said my mom could go home tomorrow. I am very excited...my mom is even more excited. She should be coming home sometime today...whoo hoo!