Friday, August 25, 2006

T minus 3 hours...

I can't believe I haven't posted every single day about how I am going on vacation as of Friday at 4pm. It's very, VERY exciting!

So, what am I doing on my vacation...you ask???

Not a heck of a lot. I love vacations that are relaxing and not constantly on the go. I do have some tentative plans to go see some friends who I haven't seen in a bunch of years...but other than that, I am going to rest and get a lot of stuff done around the house.

Plus...I am going to tweek with my diet a little bit over the week. I have a significant interest in adding some natural protein to my diet, so I am going to look at what I am eating and how I might want to replace some of the refined carbs I am eating...with some protein dense food.

And...I haven't really worked out much in the last two week. The first week...my mom was in the hospital, so working out wasn't my priority. And this week...I have been working too much to even consider it. I did get a lot of walking in at the fair...probably close to 5 miles a day, but still...I miss my love affair with the elliptical machine...and the strength training. So, I am going to get back into a working out routine while I am home for the week. I might even ramp up my workouts since I will be at home and could probably fit in one long one...or two workouts.

Oooh...and a video store update...for all those who care:

I had written an entry about how I am considering leaving the video store...which I am. The manager of the video store had been on vacation for the last week and a little...so, I decided to wait to make any decision until he came back. I will say...it is nice to have him back. He's such a nice guy...and really goes out of his way to keep me happy as an employee. The assistant manager made another mistake with my schedule...and scheduled me while I was on vacation...even though I specifically asked for it off. So...the manager called me, confirmed that I wanted to be off...and quickly took me off the schedule. I have often said that the only real reason I still work at the video store...is out of loyatly to the manager (who is a doll...and a friend)...and for the free rentals. Our assistant manager is leaving...and so for the time being, I am still happy at the video store...and have weathered the "I hate the video store" storm....for now!