Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #55


Thirteen Things about Shelley's Adventures At The County Fair


1. Our office has a table at the county fair...which means that every staff member works two shift throughout the week.
2. There are some staff members I like working with better than others at the fair.
3. At our table, we make buttons for kids. They can color and design their own button...and then we put it together.
4. I am amazed at how excited kids get about making the buttons.
5. Two little girls came by and said that the only reason they wanted to come to the fair is to make a button.
6. I have never been to the fair before I started working there....so, in many ways...it's all new to me.
7. The fair has rides and face painting, but it is mainly about agriculture and livestock...lots of cows and sheep...and tractor pulls.
8. I had no idea what I tractor pull was and why someone would do it until my first trip to the fair.
9. I love working at the fair...it is an evening of playing with the kids and getting to wear a t shirt and jeans to work.
10. The fair is also a political time...candidates have been all over the fair. I passed by Hillary Clinton on Tuesday and saw a bunch of others walking around last night.
11. And I haven't forgotten about fair food. I have been surrounded by fair food for 2 days...corn dogs, fried bread dough, pizza, fried cheese...fried everything basically.
12. Oooh...and they also have maple cotton candy. The best stuff on earth.
13. I only spent $4 at my 2 days at the fair. I bought a cider apple slushie each day. They are great...mmm...and actually healthy. Most people spend $10 a day at the fair on food alone...so go me!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!