Thursday, August 31, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #56

Just because I am on vacation...YEAH....it doesn't mean I am on vacation from Thursday Thirteen!


Thirteen Things about Shelley's Vacation So Far


1. I have a vacation from both jobs, which is very nice. It almost doesn't feel like a vacation from the day job if I still have to go to the video store at night on some days.
2. The assistant manager at the video store initially put me on the schedule this week, but my boss..who is a doll...quickly fixed it.
3. I ended up having to go to work for a couple of hours on Tuesday...had a client in court and didn't think that the whole world stopped just cause I was on vacation.
4. I have been eating well since I have been on vacation. I plan out my meals and have had the time to actually prepare things...instead of just buying pre-made meals.
5. I made a really great chick pea salad.
6. I have eaten it every day for lunch so far this week.
7. I have also been working out like mad during my vacation...it hopes of kicking my weight loss/fitness goals into gear.
8. I haven't done nearly the amount of cleaning that I set out to get done during my vacation.
9. I also get Monday off as an added day to my vacation...because it is labor day. Whoo hoo!
10. I am going shopping this afternoon...to buy some new clothes and maybe a Dane Cook DVD.
11. Dane Cook...hummina!
12. The guy from the YMCA called me about that job I applied for while I have been on vacation....left a message on my machine. Now that he has called...I am not sure I would want that job.
13. I got paid from the day job while I have been on vacation. I love getting paid, but getting paid while on vacation...is super sweet!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





Alright...that was kind of a boring Thursday Thirteen...but well...my vacation is restful and probably to most people's standards...a little boring.