Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Survived Day 1....

I survived Day 1 of the "No Fast Food" Month...and survived quite easily. I planned out all my food and even brought a dinner with me because I thought I was going to have to be in court until 8pm or so. Court got cancelled...so I had dinner at home, but I still give myself credit for the planning.

Yesterday the heat was the issue....more than anything else. I got out of work and it was in the high 90s...and I was attempting to convince myself to not workout. I got home...and before I could do anything else, I got my shoes on and did my strength training. I did sweat like nobody's business...and usually I don't sweat much when doing weights and strength training...but well...it was hot. My apartment has central air...but it was still warm.

Today I am doing cardio....my love affair with my elliptical continues...and I am doing it, no matter what excuse the heat offers me.

Oh...and I resisted eating out for lunch today...almost everyone else ordered pizza or subs from the place across the street. But not me...and in all honesty, I didn't even think about it...wasn't tempted. The pizza smelled great...but well, i know it isn't good for me and I made a commitment to NOT EAT IT!

And so Day 2 continues....