Wednesday, July 26, 2006

and let the tivo addiction begin....

One of the many benefits of having a roommate...is that she brings TIVO into the household. I have never used a TIVO or a DVR before...one, because I am the cheapest person alive and can't see spending money on something that I could easily watch or tape for free...and two, because I have a fear of the TIVO.

Yes, I said I have a fear of the TIVO...I fear that I will become one of those people...you know, those people who all they do is watch tv. With the TIVO, I don't need to find something on...there is ALWAYS something to watch. I fear..with some level of seriousness...that I will become the uber couch potato...and that I will be one of those 700 lb people that needs to be fork-lifted out of the house...while Geraldo interviews me. *shudders*

But none the less...fear or no fear...we know have TIVO in the house...and let me tell you...in many ways, I love it. I love that I don't ever have to schedule my life around TV...and I know I did that before. I would run home to watch something that was on at 8pm...and now I know that when I get home the show will be waiting for me. I also use it to workout...which helps combat the 700 lb nightmare. I am able to watch whatever TV show I want to...while working out...instead of waiting until there is a show on that I want to run on the elliptical to.

Plus...I get to see some tv shows that I would normally miss. I am still using it sparingly...since I don't think having a TIVO should mean that I add a lot of extra TV to watch....and my roommate already has a bajillion programs scheduled, so I have just added a few shows I like and watch into the rotation.

I *heart* TIVO...I really do.