Tuesday, August 01, 2006

August Weigh-In

Part of me likes the idea of monthly weigh-ins and part of me hates it. I like that it allows me to live my life a little more and not be tied to the scale. I was always working towards my weigh-in on Monday morning and it didn't allow me to be flexible when I needed to be flexible.

Of course the monthly official weigh-ins have their downside too...it gives me a lot of time and sometimes the mentality that fudging a little won't be that bad.

The good side is that I am still weighing myself...probably a few times a week. So, I know where I am at...but the only time I write it down...OFFICIALLY...is once a month.

My goal is to lose 5 pounds a month, which is a little over a pound a week. I think that is within the realm of possibility.

So, how did I do this month....





I lost 3 pounds. It isn't the 5 pounds I wanted, but I did spend half the month of July eating crap food, not working out and not counting anything, etc. So...I feel pretty good about a 3 pound weight loss. I still have 7 more pounds to lose until I am back at my lowest weight during '06...but I am willing to take it slow and I am happy I am just moving in the right direction.

And I know you will all be waiting with baited breath until September 1st!!!