Tuesday, July 11, 2006

New Fitness Plan....

So...given the 10 lb weight gain in the last month...it is obvious I haven't been doing much health related lately. It's amazing how quickly I return to old patterns...even though I had been going in the healthy and fit direction for months.

I have made some new goals. I am going to calm down...I am going to allow myself a break if needed. I figure that even if the weight comes off uber slow, it will still come off. I don't need to push myself as hard as I was..I can allow myself a slice of pizza from time to time and not beat myself up. I can not workout one day and not feel like a failure.

Also...I just moved in with a roommate...which in terms of my workout/eating schedule is going to take some time to get used to. I am used to living on my schedule...and eating when I want...and working out whenever I want. I can still do those things, but they take some more coordination when you have a roommate.

Here are some things I am going to do:

1. Think about joining the gym. It's an expense...about 30 bucks a month...and I have tons of videos and stuff at home, but I think it might really help in terms of being able to work out whenever I want..no matter what my roommate might be doing. Also, I know I don't always like working out when other people are there...and watching, etc. I feel like a zoo exhibit, etc...know what I mean. Plus, if I joined the Y...then I could start taking my cardio step classes again. I miss those classes.

2. I am going to do the Power 90 Circuit training...and then for cardio, I am going to try Couch to 5K again. I put as a goal that I wanted to be able to run/jog a 5K this year and this year is burning up quick.

3. I am going to keep drinking this water....100 oz. a day. I realize how much better I feel when I am drinking water.

That's about it for me...I am not going to make huge goals...because I know that then I just put pressure on myself. I am going to plan my food, eat healthy and attempt to move more. That's simple...that's dealable.