Tuesday, April 04, 2006

clutter-rama!!!

Anyone who knows me...in real life...knows that I tend to be on the messy side. Yes, I know...that was a huge understatement. I clutter...I don't through anything away...I put things off. And I get in the same cycles over and over again...I let the apartment go into it truly becomes a hole...and then I spend a whole weekend cleaning and vow never to let it get like that again. A few weeks later...the apartment is once again a hole.

You know...I am quite sick of this cycle. So, I have a plan. It's a simple plan...probably one that a 5 year old could figure out, but well...never too late, eh?

Yep, you guessed it...my apartment is once again a hole. So...this week I am spending an hour a day cleaning a different room. Today, I cleaned the kitchen. Tomorrow, I am cleaning the bathroom. Thursday, I am cleaning the living room. Friday, I am cleaning the utility/workout room. Saturday, I am cleaning my bedroom and sorting laundry. Sunday, I am bringing some laundry to my parents house and GETTING IT DONE.

And after this week...or spending time everyday cleaning. I am keeping it up. Each day, I am spending a little time cleaning that one room. So, if every Monday I clean my kitchen...then it can't get all messy and dysfunctional in a few weeks time. And the same for the bathroom...living room...bedroom, etc.

You see...then I know what needs to be tidied up because I made a schedule out of it. And knowing me...I am making a poster telling me which room I should be cleaning on which day and posting it on the fridge.

You know I think this might just work...and if it does, I would be so happy. I would love to turn myself into the type of person who has a clean, neat apartment. I want to be proud of my apartment when I walk in...and not just immediately roll my eyes. That's not too much to ask is it... And yes, sadly it has taken me to the ripe old age of 28 to figure out how to make a cleaning schedule. *shrugs*