Saturday, March 11, 2006

the QUEEN of suckage is I!

I never posted last week either....and I meant to, I really did. But well...I have been in a funk. Last week I gained a pound...which isn't what put me in a funk. In fact, with my eating patterns lately...I feel I am gosh darn lucky I skated by with only gaining a pound.

I don't know what happened with my motivation lately...but I am going to get it into gear. I see a few problems...and hope to fix them.

One, I am not working out anymore...I just got into a lazy, I am tired mood and haven't gotten to it. I haven't walked...I haven't Power 90'ed...I have done a lot of sitting on my ass.

Two, I stopped logging what I was eating. You know, it is a lot easier to eat a box of Cheez-Its or a pint of ice cream if you know you aren't writing it down. It's like you can deny it is really happening. No more...as of Monday everything is being written down again.

Three, I haven't drank my water intake lately...and having been turning back to the evil soda. No more...water only...NO SODA!

So..i have some things I need to work on...that's for sure. I am focusing...I am re-committing. I know I need to do this...and I know when I am doing it right, it almost seems easy.

And...let's be a smidge positive since this post can't be all about how much I suck. My car wouldn't start yesterday when I was leaving work...which sucks. But the silver lining of it all was that since I only live about 2 miles away from work...I walked home yesterday evening. And, I ended up getting my car started this morning...and so I drove my car home from work and left my parents' car (got to love the minivan) at work. As soon as I got home...I walked myself back to work to pick up my car. So....by being forced into it, I got about 4 miles of walking in. That's a start folks...and a reminder that exercising can be as easy as getting to and from work if I want it to be.

Off to the races I am....