Monday, March 13, 2006

Week 10 Weigh-In: Back on the Bandwagon

After about 3 weeks of falling big time off the dieting bandwagon....and reverting back to my lifestyle that packed back on the 50 lbs, I have good news to report.

I think all my chastizing and calling myself out on my suckage made a world of difference. Plus, I joined a Buddy Challenge over at Renee's that has just renewed my enthusiasm. I had felt like this weight loss game was out of my control for a few weeks now...and was starting to lose hope. But today....I feel in control of my game. I feel awesome...and energized. I know what I am trying to do...and not only do I hold myself accountable, but so do the amazing women in the challenge with me.

And how did I do last week? I lost 4 POUNDS! Yes, that is right...4 freakin' pounds. It is about time...since I had three prior weeks of staying the same and then gaining a pound. I needed to break myself from this rut...and I think I did. *Does the 4 pound loss dance*





My goals for this week are as follows:

1. Write down EVERYTHING I eat...and that means everything!

2. Keeping drinking the water...chug, chug, chug!!

3. Check in with my Buddy Challenge every single day.

4. Workout at least 4 times this week...either on the elliptical for 2 miles or a Power 90 Program.

I am starting to get excited because I am only 3 pounds away from my next goal reward. I can almost smell and taste the yummy lip gloss and lotion! Plus, I got some nice compliments at work today from some people who haven't seen me in a while. It's nice to see that people noticed...and not those people who know you are dieting and exercising. One is a client at work...and she hadn't seen me in about a month. She said for a little bit, she didn't even recognize me. I still have a long way until I am at where I want to be...where I remember being in 2000, etc...but I also know it is baby steps and this week I took a huge step in the right direction.

Let me tell you...life is good right now...very good.