Wednesday, March 15, 2006

*sighs for real*

My mom is in the hospital again....she got brought to the ER last night at about 7pm. They don't really know what is wrong at this point...but when they brought her in and started doing tests, she went unconscious and they had to put her on a ventilator. It's scary seeing your mom sitting there....not being able to breathe on her own.

At first...it seemed real negative, but as the night wore on...it began to look more hopeful. I guess the main problem is her CO2 level...which was way too high and basically was working like a narcotic and put her into a comalike state. They still haven't figured out what brought her CO2 levels up, but they stopped thinking things like stroke and a blood clot in the lung. They still need to check those things out...but it doesn't look likely. I am going to head over to the hospital after I let work know what is going on...and stay with her for a while.

I have to say...ERs get a horrible reputation. Mine was amazing...they really treated my mom well. The doctors...the nurses...everyone who came to make sure we were okay. We have an amazing hospital here. We are lucky.

So, send some good thoughts my family direction....I am sure we could use em.