Monday, February 13, 2006

Week 6 Weigh-In: The Dreaded Pizza Incident

Hey there...it is officially week 6 of this new lifestyle, weight loss shindig that I have been doing. I was all in a funk this morning...and contemplating not posting a weekly update, etc. Mainly because I was being a super-sensitive baby...and whining that I haven't gotten one comment on any of the weigh in posts that I have written. I started to whine and wonder why I am writing them. But then I got over myself...and realized that I write them for me. I wrote them years ago...on a blog that I knew no one read. I like writing a weekly update. I like being accountable to something and having to say out loud how well I did...or didn't do. And...I am not writing this...so people will feel obligated to comment. I'm not. I'm good now...and I couldn't care less if people comment. See...I am growing all the time.




So, here is the official weekly update. I lost one pound this last week...for a total loss of 13 lbs. I am a little upset that it is only one pound. Why? Because I had broken one of my rules and weighed myself throughout the week...and on Saturday I was down 3 whole pounds. But...then on Sunday, I spent the day with my family and had pizza for dinner. I tried that new cheesy bites pizza from Pizza Slut. And well...the garlic, yummy, cheesy, doughey goodness....was good. And I didn't do all that bad...I only ate 2 pieces...and some extra cheesy bites off someone else's pizza. And...I know I didn't eat 2 pounds worth of weight gain, so that weight will come off, just not in time for my weigh in. And...I was spending time with my parents and my brother (who is in town from Florida). And this thing is about a lifestyle change...not an uber strict diet, so I am NOT going to beat myself up over this. I still wanted to say I lost three pounds this week though. *pouts*

Things I did well this week:

1. I actually increased my calories....no, not just on the pizza day! *winks* I had been eating about 1200-1350 calories everyday. And I realized that with all the working out I had been doing...something 10 workouts a week...I probably wasn't getting enough calories. So, I ate at least 1500 calories every single day...never any less. I usually range between 1500 and 1700. I was happy about that...and on some days...1500 calories was SO much food.

2. I bought a new elliptical machine this weekend. My treadmill died on Friday night...and instead of using it as an excuse to not workout...I used it as an excuse to get the elliptical machine like I have always wanted. It was a bitch to put together...and thanks for my dad for doing it for me. But now...I can run on my very own elliptical machine! whoo hoo for me.

Things I need to do Better:

1. Stop weighing myself all the time. There. Said it. Now...do it!

2. I need to get back to Power 90. I only did Power 90 for 2 days last week...not because I was busy...or because I was working a lot. I only worked out 2 days because of sheer laziness. So, my goal is to still be fleixible with Power 90, but also maintain a loyalty to it. I am going to workout with the program at LEAST 4 times a week...and strive for 6 if I can. And...since I haven't done it consistently for 2 weeks...and I am starting the 90 workouts all over again. Today...I finished workout #1!

Ok...that's the week in a nutshell. I didn't do horribly...but in a couple of areas, I definitely got a wake up call. Oh...and about the pizza. One good thing...I can tell I am not used to eating food that greasy anymore since my body just felt horrible for the last 24 hours. All that cheese and fat and grease...just sat in my stomach like a rock. So, in many ways....it reminded me of why I am on the good path...and not the path lined with pizza goodness.

Ta ta....