Monday, February 06, 2006

Week 5 Weigh-In: Dead Tired...but still kicking!

Week 5 already, eh? It doesn't really feel like it has been a month at this. I guess that's a good sign...right?

So, this last week...I took the whole week off of Power 90. You have no idea how hard that was for me...mentally. I even got my socks and sneaker on to get a Power 90 workout in on Saturday, etc...and I made myself stop. It was a nice break physically though....because I am not sure I would have made it through this week if I had to fit in 6 additional exercises.

Let's see...the results this week. The good...the bad...the in between. In terms of weight loss, I lost 1 pound this week for a grand total of 12 pounds since the first of the year. I couldn't be more pleased about losing this week...since I thought I would remain the same...if not gain a smidge.




The bad...well, let's see. I haven't been the best this week. There were some days that my calorie counting got away from me. I think not working out so much...allowed me extra time to think about all those snacks in the cupboards. It wasn't horrible snacking...just not my usual snacking.

Well...last night was horrible snacking. I don't know what happened to me, but I just went wild yesterday. One, I didn't eat three square meals...which I usually always do. And, I went snack crazy when working at the video store. I ate a cookie literally the size of my head. I broke it up into small pieces and ate it throughout the night, but still...size of my head. Then I got home and ate some pretzels and string cheese. I wasn't even hungry...I just wanted to eat it...at 1 am in the friggin morning.

The positive spin is...that even when I am cheating, I am not cheating even close to as bad as I used to eat consistently. I ate one cookie (yes, the size of my head), one thing of string cheese and some fat free pretzels. So, I could have done a lot worse...but yes, this week I will do a lot better.

back to Power 90 I go...but I am going to remember the lessons of this week and give myself breaks when I need it. There is no use pushing so hard...if I am not going to take an all around picture of my health...including my sanity.