Monday, January 23, 2006

FFYFC Challenge and Power 90

Hey y'all...I have signed up for the Fat Fighter's Yearlong Fitness Challenge. It's a pretty cool...low impact, walking challenge. I love challenges...and I love being able to use my swanky pedometer, so...I jumped at the chance to sign up. I signed up for the intermediate level...which starts at me walking 4 times a week...1.25 on each walk.

I went out on my first walk on Sunday...and plan on heading out again tomorrow for walk #2.

Now...I need to take a look and make sure that doing both the walking challenge and Power 90 doesn't kill me. Right now, I have committed to doing Power 90 six times a week...and then I would also be walking 4 times a week. If I keep at this pace...it would be 10 workouts a week. I think I can handle that...as long as I keep it in perspective. So, I just need to remember that...and scale back the Power 90 a smidge if I need to. I don't want to...cause I love Power 90, but I also know that if I feel burned out...to respond to that.

BTW- I moved from Phase 1/2 to Phase 3/4 on Power 90...the cardio tape completely kicked my ass today, but...when I remember how I felt when I went to Phase 3/4 last time...it didn't kick my ass as badly as it did last time. And...even though I am completely spent...it is actually a really great feeling.

Whoo hoo...and now, I am finding something to eat for dinner before I officially die!