Tuesday, January 31, 2006

and I mean REALLY taking a break....

So, you know how I said I have a hard time giving myself a break...and slowing down....especially when it comes to weight loss and exercise.

Well, I am not going to make that realization just lip service. I know I need to be easier on myself. I know I need to give myself a break. I know I need to set goals which are obtainable.

So, I am changing one of my goals from work out with Power 90 four times a week....to...dum, dum, dum....not planning on doing Power 90 at all this week. I am just planning on doing the walking challenge this week.

This week...I have to work M-F 8-4:30pm...which is usual. But I also have to work at the video store 2 nights a week...which means on those days I will be working from 8am to 1am...basically straight. I worked at the video store last night...and I am just exhausted right now. I need to rest and get to sleep early...instead of scrambling to fit in both a walk and my cardio workout.

So....if I get one or two Power 90 workouts...great, fabulous! But, I am not planning on it. 4 walks is my exercise for this week...and that's just gotta be good enough. I know I will kick myself if I step on the scale and nothing changes...but...well...fug it. This decision is taking care of myself WAY better than the pound or two more that might come off if I work out like an animal.

Off to watch 24...since I missed it last night...being video store girl and all! *winks*

P.S. Aren't y'all proud of me???? Well...wait for the beaming pride until Monday when I post that I actually let myself have a break. Nah...go ahead and be proud now!

P.S. (2) I just ordered my Yum Yum Bowls....oooh!