Sunday, March 06, 2005

what are the chances....

First of all...sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have been hella busy, then I got the flu, then our computer went all wacky...etc, etc....so, I promise I will be better and this time I mean it.

Anyuways...I am SO excited.....I went to the grocery store yesterday afternoon (I know...exciting, eh?)...and as I was walking around pretty much buying candy and ice cream and I turned the corner and there was my best friend from middle and high school. I haven't seen her in years...I moved to Indiana and she was in the military, etc....and she changed residences quite a bit, so we lost touch. I have thought about her often since I have been home, but I just haven't know how to get in touch with her.

I was so happy to see her...and to see how well she is doing. She has two kids...one I knew about and one I didn't. Through the military, she has a wonderful career. I feel really positive too...cause I just got a wonderful friend back in my life.

I had been feeling a little lonely since I moved back to New York...since I have friends in Vermont, but haven't been able to get there as often as I would have liked...but I didn't have a lot of friends here in town. This week...I think I was reminded by someone that things work out...if you work at them. I am hanging out with people at my night job more...we are hanging out this coming Saturday, having a movie marathon. And, I am having lunch tonight with the friend above...which is so so nice. Plus, I have another friend...who we are going to make plans to go out and have a few drinks.

Right now...I feel more positive about being here than I have in a long time. I still wish I was able to not be living at home with the rents at the ripe old age of 27...but I do see a life circling around me, where honestly...it just didn't exist beforehand.

Much love to you all...