Monday, January 24, 2005

i heart Howard Dean

I haven't really posted politically in a while...even though politics and our government is constantly on my mind. I ended up watching this show on the History Channel about our nations Presidents...and it was really interesting, especially hearing about the Presidents before my time.

And my thoughts today are on Howard Dean...the missed opportunity for this country when we so quickly cast him aside for having enthusiasm for the political process and for the vision which was ahead of him. But I digress...he isn't sulking or giving up just because he wasn't the one chosen in the last Presidential election.

Howard Dean is officially running to be elected the head of the Democratic National Committee. I think there couldn't be a more perfect person for the job. We need someone who brings passion and life to the party and helps invigorate our party, so that we don't fall asleep and lose yet another election.

In Howard's official statement this is what he has to say:

As I have traveled across our country, I have talked to thousands of people who are working for change in their own communities about the power of politics to make a difference in their own lives and in the lives of others. Every group I have spoken to, I encouraged them to stand up for what they believe and to get involved in the electoral process—because the only sure way to make difference is to step up and run for office yourself.

The Democratic Party needs a vibrant, forward-thinking, long-term presence in every single state and we must be willing to contest every race at every level. We will only win when we show up and fight for the issues important to all of us.


If you want to hear all of what Howard had to say...here is a link to his statement and intent to lead the Democratic party into the future.

I couldn't ask for more...as a card carrying Democrat...to have Howard in a leadership position within the party. Maybe he wasn't the right person to be President, but his passion, intensity and ability to see the big picture is something that should bleed into the whole party...inch by inch...person by person.

Go Howard!