Wednesday, January 19, 2005

brrr....

Yesterday...it was FREEZING cold! brrr....

*shivers*

The actual temperature ranged from about 9 degrees to down to 0 degrees by the end of the work day. And, of course since it was so cold...guess what I did for most of the day?? I spent it outside...driving around the south side of the county delivering meals to the elderly. The office next to ours...their driver for the meal delivery program cancelled or didn't show, so I picked up the route...since I didn't want people not to get their lunches.

Luckily, for most of the day...I was inside the warmth of my car, but it was frigidly cold whenever I got out of my car to deliver the next meal.

It was almost comical everytime I drove by the local bank...and got to watch the temperature dropping...it went from 9 degrees...to 7 degrees...to 5...and then to 2 degrees. By the time I got back to the office, it was actually zero degrees.

And, I am not even talking about the wind chill...I am just talking about the actual temperature. I had to walk from one side of the building to the other side...to drop off the keys to the delivery car...and just that short walk, my hands were quite red from the trip.

Once again....brrrr....

Today is supposed to be cold as well, but not that cold!