Monday, February 07, 2005

negative is as negative does....

Hey y'all....remember me? I have had this growing list of stuff I wanted to post about, but I just haven't seen my lovely computer in the last week or so. It's a tragedy, I know! *giggles*

So, here is topic #1....on Friday I was out of town on a business trip to Syracuse. It's a training that my job sends me on...which also includes many other people in the same type of position.

There is this one woman who is always at those trainings. She is always SO DAMN negative...she seems to always look at the down side of everything. We were talking about the programs we were in and it didn't seem like she could find one positive thing to say. The programs aren't effective enough for her...she doesn't make enough money...the government doesn't support her and her clients enough...and it went on and on and on.

You know...I agree with seeing things that need to be fixed and speaking out about it, but there is a line where you pass into just complaining to her yourself complain. This woman wasn't looking for any solutions...and if we starting brainstorming solutions to help her out, she just scoffs and says that it is hopeless or pointless. And as a result, her situation seems to get worse every time we all meet up for a training.

I don't have much tolerance for people who complain or become negative "nellies" if they don't look for solutions to their problems. Because without looking for ways to fix or work on those things that are wrong...it is just complain to get pity or to hear your own voice.

I can guarantee if this woman doesn't change the way she looks at life...her situation will just continue to get worse next time I see her at a training.

More topics to come...but first, I must go to work...