Wednesday, September 29, 2004

final poem...Everyone

This one is a short poem that I wrote when I was living in Indianapolis. I wrote it after a friend and I got into a car accident. It's interesting how I flock to poetry when I am conflicted...and when I am working through things. In many ways I have used poetry in the past as a form of therapy.

Everyone

Everyone, everyone saw but him
The turning of time
The twisting of faith
With no warning to his innocent eyes

All that was seen was red
Circling around the rage
Twisting outside reality
In search of something jade

The chaos slowed
As reality was setting in
Heading into the fury once again
Hoping to find where compassion resides

A wish to turn back time
Returning to the moments of joy, but
Cemented in the course of events
To live over-again and again