Monday, September 27, 2004

misc.



I saw this article yesterday on MSN and thought it was hilarious. It just made me laugh...one, about the idea of the party and two, because people were actually punished for it.

This is my fav quote from the RA of the students:

"There are other ways they can go out and get a girlfriend if that's what they want," she said.

********************


I think I might try writing some poetry again. I used to write it quite frequently a few years back, but since then...I just haven't been motivated to write. I might try again...seeing if there is anything there that wants to be written. I ended up posting one of my poems on someone else's journal last week...which no one seemed to care at all about, but it reminded me of when I used to write...and how much I enjoyed it. Who knows? If I get something down on paper...maybe I will post it here.

********************


Guess what I got in the mail on Saturday? The little card that confirms that I am registered to vote in New York. yippee! No, really...I am quite excited about the idea of voting. I am one of the few people that votes every year...instead of every other year or more likely, every 4 years.

Also, knowing that for 70 years women fought with all they had to win the right to vote...I feel that it in many ways is my duty to vote. I can't even imagine a world...even though I know it existed...where women weren't allowed the priviledge of voting. I wish more people voted. I wish more women voted. People talk about how they don't feel that politicians listen to them...and how their voice doesn't matter. But then they don't vote...so, of course...then your voice doesn't matter.

********************


The Balloon Festival was this weekend in town...it happens every September and hundreds of hot air balloons are flown, etc. It's really an amazing experience. I think because I grew up here, I always took it for granted. It's such a beautiful thing to look out your window and see the sky full of colorful balloons.

********************


I don't think I have anything else to write. So, how was everyone's weekend???