Thursday, September 23, 2004

Theatre Thursday Week 18

Whoo hoo...it's Theatre Thursday time!

Week 18 - The big screen.

Do you remember your first time?

1. Do you remember the very first time you watched a movie on the big screen? Describe it.
Well, I am not sure if it is the most movie I ever saw on the big screen, but it is the first one I remember. It was one of the Star Wars movies...and since the first one came out the year I was born, I can only assume it was Return of the Jedi. Well...back then you used to get popcorn in buckets...instead of those flimsy bags you get now a days. In the middle of the movie...when Luke was fighting against some unknow peril and a big and evil monster...my brother got so scared, he poured all the popcorn out of the bucket and stuck it on his head to cover his terrified eyes. He's older than me...and Luke's danger didn't scare me at all...and I just remember being so amused of my brother's fright.

2. What was the last movie you saw on the big screen?
Fahrenheit 9/11. I saw it when I was in Vermont since it wasn't being shown here. I don't often see movies in the theatre since they are so freakin expenses....so if I want to see a movie, I wait until it comes out on DVD. And...if I wait, I not only get to see the movie, but all the swanky features. I just couldn't wait to see 9/11 though...it just seemed too important.

3. Did you ever like a movie so much that you paid to watch it more than once? If so, what movie?
There have probably been movies I have wanted to see more than once. If I see a really good movie...I immediately want to see it again. I often watch movies I rent more than once before I return them. I think the only times I have gone to see a movie more than once...isn't because I desperately wanted to see it again, but because I saw it with one group of friends and then saw it again with another group. But I can't think of the last time that happened....

BONUS) How much does a movie ticket cost in your neck of the woods?
It costs about 5 dollars for a matinee...and about 8 dollars for an evening show. I usually always go for a matinee...

And yes, I am the cheapest penny pincher alive. I admit it!

It's Thursday....and Theatre Thursday is just waiting to be filled out...and get to it!

*winks*