Thursday, September 23, 2004

tv thoughts...

So, I have said that I love Must See TV on Thursday nights...it's always a constant in my TV watching. So, here's my thoughts on Must See TV tonight:

Joey
For the first time since it began, I thought Joey was hilarious. I had made comments when it first premiered that I wasn't sure. Well...tonight, I laughed my socks off. I didn't notice the laugh track that I complained about a few weeks back...mainly because I was laughing over it. Joey's sister is growing on me...the kid and his geek friend were hilarious tonight. And...I loved Joey trying to make friends...and him playing a game at the end with the weird guy. It reminded me a lot of the silly games that the gang used to play on Friends. For me, this show is really coming into its own...it's just going to need some time...just like Friends needed time. That show didn't hit a homerun with the first show either....

The Apprentice
Yep, I love the Apprentice. It is so entertaining to me...even though I am well aware that it isn't anything close to reality. The teams this week had to create buzz about toothpaste. Yes, that is right...it's toothpaste! *giggles*
In the end...the women lost again, not because they didn't create the best buzz, but because they weren't able to budget their money...and went WAY over. tisk, tisk! I knew once they went over budget that they were going to lose...and I agree, they should have. It doesn't matter how amazing your product is...if you can't stay within budget and within the rules.
So, in the boardroom...the women all harp on Stacie J again. They talk about how she isn't stable and therefore makes things more difficult for the team to work effectively. I don't think Stacie has performed badly, but I agree that she isn't helping the team at all. She requires a lot of babysitting and seems to attract drama like a moth to a flame. When Trump has the women in the boardroom....he asks them if Stacie is unbalanced or crazy or whatever. All the women say that there was a moment when Stacie made everyone uncomfortable. Some say she was close to schizophrenic. Bullshit. Whoever that was...has never actually seen anything close to schizophrenic then. But, I do think that something happened with Stacie...but, I don't think it was anything more than her not being able to deal with pressure, which in a lifestyle like Trump's....that is a huge liability all in itself.
Anyways...here is my quote from the night from Stacie as she was riding away in the taxicab after being fired:

"I want to know what their definition of crazy is? Crazy people go and blow up buildings, kill people, don't pay their taxes. I own a business. I pay my taxes and I am not crazy."

Ok...I have many comments about this. One, I just love Stacie's definition of crazy. I guess someone can never be crazy...if they pay their taxes. What the hell? I have known a good number of crazy people who....dum, dum, dum...have paid their taxes! My second comment is that Stacie has a pretty warped idea of what crazy or mental illness is. Mental illness isn't just blowing up buildings, killing people and of course...not paying taxes! I do think she could use a wee bit of help, but it doesn't look like she is open to getting it. Oh well...Trump sent her packing!

ER
I am glad to have ER back. I have been watching reruns in the morning on TNT...and I have missed the show. I like Abby being a doctor now...since she is one of my fav characters. And it's also nice to have an episode with Noah Wyle in it. He is going to be MIA for half this season too. One thing I always hate about ER...every single ad for the show says that the episode is the MOST DRAMATIC EVER! Come on now...

Ok now...I have just realized that was way too much to write about TV. I know...I know...not a good sign!