Friday, April 02, 2010

Does everyone hate bra shopping as much as I do?

This week...I went shopping for new bras. Anytime this gets mentioned around anyone who is male...they always ooh and ahh like it is the sexiest thing ever. Let me tell you, it's not. AT ALL. It's one of my least favorite things to go. I hate every single second of it. Ugh. If I could pay someone else to do it for me, I would...but myself and my breasts kind of have to be there in order to get it done.

First, I don't like shopping in general. I am a cheap cheap bastard and I don't like parting with my money. Plus, the idea of looking through things and trying clothes on, etc...drive me batty. When I do go shopping, it's such a chore. I have a list...a plan...I go and GET IT DONE.

Bra shopping. The worst. But it had to be done. My current bras were just not cutting it. They were beat up and ragged. So, I headed up to the local outlets...and gave it a shot. I hoped they wouldn't be too badly priced and I could get a couple of new ones.

I was lucky...and found one that fit perfectly...and that never happens for me. So, instead of annoying myself trying on other bras, I was a smart cookie and just bought one in white, beige and black. There. Done. Easy. They weren't too badly priced...you know...for the over priced bras. They were originally like $45 a piece (you flippin' kidding me?), but since it was an outlet...they were marked $22. And..if you bought 3 of them...you got $15 off...so the bra was $17 a piece. Not too shabby.

And here is the thing that happens every single time I buy bras. I always wait to buy a new one until the old ones are in bad bad shape. I try on the new ones...all set to go. And then you have to put on your old bra to go home....and then it happens. Wearing a new, nice, actually fits bra...and then putting on my old, ratty, beat up bra...just reminds me of how badly I have needed them. The bra I was wearing seemed old, but perfectly fine earlier in the afternoon...and now that I've been in a new one that fits...my old bra is completely unacceptable. I always chuckle about it...and then remember that this happens every single time.

But seriously. Hate bra shopping. And trust me...it's SO NOT SEXY. Glad I got it out of the way...and knowing me, I won't do it again until these bras are literally falling apart.