Saturday, November 07, 2009

Back to the Gym I Go!

So, I did what needed to be done. I rejoined the gym today. I was able to use my work's account for a few months...and that was enjoyable, but that account no longer exists. I am not sure when it went away...since let's be honest, I haven't been to the gym in about a month. I know. Bad Shelley. Bad Shelley.

I went over to the lovely YMCA and gave them a chunk load of my money. Now...I have no excuse to not get my booty over to the gym, since I am in fact paying for it. I used to workout in the evenings...on my way home from work. I'd head there on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays after getting out of work...and then go on Saturday or Sunday...whenever it worked better.

Lately though..I just haven't had the motivation to workout when getting out of work. I leave work...am usually a hungry monster...it's already starting to get dark. So, instead of going to the gym...I end up just driving home.

So, I am gonna try something for a week...and see if it works. I am going to try to get up an hour earlier and go to the gym before work. I am not sure my body is going to get out of bed an hour early and then be willing to run on an elliptical, but well....I am going to give it a shot.

There is a cardio class at the gym at 5:15am, but well....I'm not THAT crazy.

Wish me luck. I'm battling my growing ass...and I MUST WIN!!!