Tuesday, October 07, 2008

sweet sweet victory....

Well...the Red Sox couldn't give me a win on Sunday for my birthday...they broke my heart by keeping me up until 1am only to see them lose it in extra innings. Last night...would they break my heart again. Would they??

Photobucket

Nope. It was a great...and I mean GREAT game. It started out staying 0-0 for the longest time. I was on pins and needles. And then the BoSox broke through and scored 2 runs. From that point on...I just wanted the game to be OVER. And in dramatic fashion...with a pitching mistake, the Angels tied it up 2-2 in the top of the 8th. My heart was pounding....I didn't want to see the team go down again and have to shuffle back to LA for another game.

But no worries my friends...the Red Sox came through to score a run in the bottom of the 9th. Talk about making it riveting baseball (of course it is only riveting if your team wins)...but it made the win that much sweeter. I didn't care how exhausted I was at the end of the game....I felt like I had enough energy and adrenaline to run a marathon. And of course...the game winning run was a slide into home by the new outfielder Jason Bay. Good lord I love that guy...he's not Manny...nor is he trying to be, but I think he might just be the magic that Boston needs. And the run was batted in by the rookie who was struggling at the plate...the awesome Jed Lowrie.

I couldn't be happier...and of course, I am stoked to know that more baseball is coming. Boston heads to Florida on Friday to take on the Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays.

GO SOX!!!!