Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Last Minute Shelley...and Relay for Life

Photobucket
Hi everyone....of course, I am posting this last minute....but well, what else do you expect from me? I am participating in this year's Relay For Life this Friday night and wanted to give all those on the world wide internets an opportunity to donate to the cause.

Last year, I signed up to do Relay For Life on a whim because my roomie was doing it. I thought...why not? I didn't even think much of the cause, but wanted something fun to do with some friends. As I thought more about it, it started to mean more to me. Think about it...everyone's life has been touched by cancer in some way. My grandmother died of cancer when I was a little girl...and I wish I could have gotten to know her better. She was the nicest, kindest woman and I would have loved to have learned more from her. I wish for a day when we have a cure for cancer and we don't need to have walks like this anymore...but this year is not that year.

Last year, my friends and I walked the WHOLE time...from 7pm to 7am. I think I stopped once to sit down and have some food. I wore my pedometer last year and it clocked to over 30 miles. That's longer than a marathon people!

So, if the issue touches your heart...and you would like to support me in this year's Relay for Life, please head over to my page and make a donation. I appreciate anything that people can give....a dollar...a penny...a million dollars! (lol).