Monday, June 02, 2008

Weekend Recap

Hi all.....

This weekend has come and gone....and I survived! It was definitely an active weekend for me. I didn't miss having my elliptical moved over to my dad's house at all. I participated in Relay for Life on Friday night. Last year, we stayed all night long...and walked from 7pm to 7am. This year...not so much. I stayed until 11pm and then headed home. I wore my Nike+ sportband and in that time, I walked/ran about 8 miles. Plus, there were tons of people there...all walking for a cure. It was just a cool image...seeing all these people in our community come together because enough is enough when it comes to the loss and devastation of cancer. If you still want to donate, click on my page...and donate away. We are allowed to accept donations up until the end of June.

And on Saturday....I headed on down to Albany and ran in the Freihofer's Run for Women. It's the 30th anniversary of the run....and this was my first year participating. The race was the reason why I didn't stay all night at RFL. I needed at least a little sleep before heading over and getting my run on. I woke up about 5am, got myself ready...and my dad and I headed out about 6am. I got there, got registered and then did a warm up walk for about an hour around the area.

I was still tired from walking at RFL and lack of sleep...but I was also really excited. This is a pretty big race...people who have gone to the Olympics are running in it...people who are going to the Olympics this year are running in it. It's the race that holds the record for the best 5K time. The woman who won it this year...who has won it the last 2 years as well, she won the race in 15:46. That's amazing....I was about a mile and change in when she was winning the race. LOL

I finished the race in 36:59. I pushed so hard in the last few seconds to cross the line in the 36 minute marker and not push over into the 37t minute, so I was happy to see that I made it just under the line. I had hoped to finish closer to 30 minutes, but with all my activity and what not on Friday, my legs were I was really happy with my finish. I am SO glad I was definitely an interesting experience. I already have it in my calendar to run again next year.

When I got home, I moved some stuff around the house....went grocery shopping and then came home to relax. I planned on moving more stuff, but my body was having a flippy fit and wanted me to take it I did.

On Sunday....more moving some stuff and my dad and I got my bedroom set up at home. I just have to move all the stuff in, but my bedroom (including furniture) is all set up. It is such a relief to have that done...because I feel like I could actually be in soon. A few weeks ago, I wasn't sure we could get the clutter out of my or my brother's old room without it being a huge mess. dad and I rock and we're getting it done.

So...that's basically my weekend. Walking...jogging...running....packing...moving. You know, you're typical lazy weekend. LOL.