Thursday, May 08, 2008

Happy Thursday....because it feels like a Friday!

Hey all...

Yep, today feels like Friday to me...why is that? Because I have tomorrow off from work. I have a bunch of time at work that I NEED to use, so I decided to make it a long weekend...taking Friday and Monday. I'm not doing anything really exciting. I am taking some stuff to the Salvation Army. I'm going over to my dad's and continuing to sort and throw away a lot of stuff...and starting to make my bedroom ready to move into. I plan on going for a long bike ride, as long as it doesn't rain too much. I am going to start the process of packing up and moving things ASAP...so I can do it all a little at a time, instead of having one day of crazy moving where you are dead tired by the end of the day. I did that last time when I moved and it made all the difference in the world. My roomie moved all in one day...and she and her friends were hurting units by the time she was done with the whole event.

I've been a happy camper this week...since the weather has been really nice. The rain has really held off, so I've been able to bike to work every single day this week. I am really excited about it. One, I get instant exercise added into my day. From my apartment, it's just a smidge under 3 miles to get to work...and so I can get there in 10-15 minutes. With the round trip, I get about 30 minutes of exercise each and every day. I've also been doing weight lifting at home...but I am loving the added cardio. Mr. Elliptical is probably getting lonely...but I'll spend some time with him this weekend.

I have to figure out how long it is going to take me to bike to work from my dad's house for when I move home in June. I still wanna bike to and from work...it'll just take a little longer. It's an additional 2 miles since I think it's about 5 miles from the house to work. I am thinking it'll take about a half an hour, but I won't know until I test it out. I am thinking...if the weather holds out...I might give it a test ride one day during my long weekend.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Thursday...I sure am, since my Thursday feels like a Friday...and I LOVE Fridays.

Labels: , ,