Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Back to work I go...

I haven't posted in a while...I had a whirl wind of a weekend. I had Friday off for my bday...yes, that is right, I am 30 years old. It happened. I had lunch with some friends on Friday.

On Saturday, we went apple picking. It was a blast and so hot outside. I couldn't believe I was picking apples when it was 85 degrees outside. I was a good kid...and didn't blow my diet while there. I didn't eat my weight in apples, nor did I eat the cider donuts (and lord I love those cider donuts!). We spent the rest of the day at my aunt's lakehouse and just enjoyed the day. My aunt gave me my bday present which was some nice handmade jewelry. It wasn't designer inspired jewelry, but I liked it better. It was made from purple and black stones...and I love that she made something personally for me. I don't wear necklaces very often, but I am definitely going to wear this one.

Oooh...and my aunt broke a cake for my birthday. It looked like the best cake I have ever seen. It has lots of different layers of things...a layer of cake...a layer of frosting...another layer of cake...a layer of fudge. It looked great, but I was also a good kid and did not have a piece. My dad ate my piece for me...and he said it was as good as it looked.

I didn't do a heck of a lot on MOnday....got an oil change, bought a couple pieces of clothing, etc...and my dad and I tried to put together my elliptical that I got for my bday. We didn't do so well putting it together, but we will try again.

Happy Tuesday everyone!