Wednesday, September 19, 2007

what are you investing in?

I am constantly blogging about money on this site. I have made such attempts to learn everything I can about money management, savings, and investments. I have gotten books from the library, read stuff from the internet, etc. I don't want to make all those financial mistakes that I often see friends making.

One area I still really need to learn more about is investing and retirement. I know that money needs to be put away, but I don't know all the rules and the tips, etc. I also know that if you don't know what you are doing, it is much more likely for you to lose your shirt. Should I invest in real estate? Should I invest in technology? Should I invest in medicine? Should my portfolio be aggressive, conservative? At this point, I know what I hear other people saying, but I don't really know what the right answer is.

So, I have been reading more and more about investing. I got a book from the library and read about women and investing. I also read over MyWallSt.net. Heck, it's nice to have a place where people talk about stocks and what the options are...and that these people aren't making a commission based upon which choice I make. That makes it easier for me to trust the information I am getting.

I am slowly, but surely getting more investment savvy...so hopefully I won't be a homeless shlub when I retire. Wish me luck, so that I can retire and sit a top a mountain of money.


Labels: , ,