Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #35


Thirteen of Shelley's Favorite John Mellencamp Songs!


When I came into work this morning, Key West Intermezzo (I Saw You First) was playing on the radio. I thought to myself, I haven't heard that song in a long, long time...and it reminded me of all the JM songs I just adore. So, I thought I would share 13 of them. Now, when I made a list...there were 20+ songs and I easily could have added more, so here is just a sampling of the Mellencamp songs that I love. Enjoy!

1. "Void in My Heart" Album: Big Daddy. This is my absolute favorite John Mellencamp song. It's simple, but it breaks my heart every time I hear it.
2. "Forgiveness" Album: Freedom's Road. This is my new favorite song off John's latest album.
3. "Weakest Moments" Album: American Fool.
4. "It All Comes True" Album: John Mellencamp.
5. "Minutes to Memories" Album: Scarecrow.
6. "Jackamo Road" Album: Mr. Happy Go Lucky.
7. "Jackie Brown" Album: Big Daddy.
8. "Another Sunny Day 12/25" Album: Dance Naked.
9. "Between a Laugh and a Tear" Album: Scarecrow.
10. "Farewell Angelina" Album: Rough Harvest.
11. "Now More Than Ever" Album: Whenever We Wanted.
12. "Check It Out" Album: Lonesome Jubilee.
13. "Crumblin' Down" Album: Uh Huh.

and one extra for good luck:

"Small Town" Album: Scarecrow.

and one more...just because:

"Play Guitar" Album: Uh Huh.

Now I know that most people have never heard of most of these songs...which is too bad because Mellencamp is much more brillant than the list of hits he has had. If you go to the amazon site for each album, you can play a sample clip of most of the songs.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels: ,