Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Did Good!

Yesterday...I did so good....with the food and the diet. I am really..honestly, proud of myself. I was a carzy walking fool....and I also ate really well. I took 2-15 minute walks during my workday, run on the elliptical and then also took a 30 minute stroll around my apartment complex.

And food wise...really good too. I have been using the Magic Bullet my mommy bought me like nuts. I made a breakfast smoothie in it, a smoothie for dinner and also made some yummy, delish sorbet for dessert.

This sorbet...it looks like something you would get at a gourmet restaurant. And the recipe is uber, easy simple.

Here's the recipe...cause I know you want it. I made it my magic bullet, but you could use any decent food processor too.

1/2 cup of frozen peaches (I cut them into smaller pieces just to help with the blending).
1/4 cup frozen raspberries
1/4 cup of juice (any kind...I used peach/mango...mmmm!)

You put it all into the Magic Bullet/food processor and then blend until almost smooth. I usually leave it so that there are still some small chunks of peaches in there just to add some texture.

It's so damn good...it's a little tart because it doesn't have the added sugar, but I love, love, love it! I swear, I should mass produce this stuff and sell it. It you need it sweeter, I imagine you could add a packet or splenda, but well...I don't think it needs it.

I am looking forward to making sorbet with the other frozen fruits I have...frozen cherries, frozen berries, etc. I might also make one just with raspberries and some orange juice.

Mmmm....mmmm....good!

Anyone who said that dieting is only eating food that tastes like cardboard doesn't diet around me. I had really high quality, yummy, healthy food.

P.S. Did I mention that I love the Magic Bullet? In case I didn't...I completely do!

Labels: , , , , ,