Monday, April 23, 2007

Weigh-In: Week 1 Redux

Hey everyone! I know it's been about a million and a half years since I checked in on my weight. Well, that's probably because I was gaining instead of losing. I just stopped trying. I started doing things that were sabotaging myself...and not really caring about the consequences, even when they were right in front of my face (pants getting tighter, getting more tired...more often, etc).

Well...I got home from Florida with a lot of motivation...and then proceeded to get sick. But now...I am healthy and ready to be back on track. Here is my weigh-in for Monday morning:

my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Calorie Diary


Whoo hoo! I lost 2 pounds. Now, do I think I actually lost 2 pounds? Nope, not really. When I weighed in last week...I was up more than usual, so I think I actually just went back to where I actually was, but well...I will always take that number going down instead of going down. It's a nice, new trend.

And to help the scale continue in the correct direction...here are my goals for the week:

1. Drink lots of water...at least 100 oz a day....if not 150. When I drink water, I lose weight. One, it reminds me of my goals all day long. Two, it flushes out my system. Three, it keeps me from drinking things like soda.
2. Plan out what I am going to eat the night before. You know when you were a kid and you put out your clothes for the next day...I want to do that with food. I want to be really planful about my food.
3. In that vain, I want to pack my lunch each night before going to bed. It will help me feel less rushed in the morning...and it was also make me make sure that my lunch is healthy the day before...getting that motivation right into my mind.
4. And dum, dum, dum...write down everything I eat. I haven't been doing this for months...and shockingly, I have been gaining for months.
5. Workout at least 3 times this week...shooting for 5. I am going to make a plan for working out that will include cardio and weights. I think I am going to do a small rotation of the weights in the morning and then do cardio when I get home from work at night.

Those are my goals....they are basically the same goals I always have, but writing them down just helps. It helps.

P.S. I watched Celebrity Fit Club last night...thought it was hilarious...will write more about that later.

Labels: , , , ,