Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #27

I was sick last week, so I didn't even get close to a post...but this week...only a trickle of a cough left over, so here's my TT! Enjoy!


Thirteen Random Things about Shelley!


1. I am a redhead...pretty much. It's a dark, brownish red, but it's still red. I call it auburn cause it just seems classier. I hated my red hair as a kid, but now...we get along famously.
2. I am afraid of clowns. Now, I don't run in fear if I see one and hide under the desk, but I don't like them...they make me uncomfortable. I think it is that you can't see the person behind the makeup. *shudders*
3. I am also afraid of spiders. I think they are nasty and tricky. They move too fast and the feeling of one running across you...eww!
4. I don't like reading anymore...it's really quite sad. I used to love reading as a kid, but being in college and grad school just trained me that reading is just to get an assignment done. So, if I do read...I try to read as fast as possible and make myself misreable while doing it.
5. I have no money in my wallet right now. Actually, I never do. I use my debit card for everything! For me, if I have cash...I spent it on nothing and everything, but I am very particular about everything I use my debit card on.
6. I went to Blockbuster on Tuesday...when the new releases come out...to get one of them. When I got there at 4:45pm...I was grabbing the last copy of the movie. How crazy is that? (BTW- the movie was Smoking Aces. I search out anything Affleck related!)
7. I used to be so much more politically active when I was younger...I would attend protests and meetings and contact my elected officials. I miss those days. I have tried to get involved again, but it has never really worked out. I should really work on that because there are so many issues I care about.
8. I often wonder if I will be battling with my weight my entire life. I seem to be falling in the category of the constant yo-yo.
9. I wonder if I will battle with my weight until I finally accept and love myself...just the way I am. (blatant Bridget Jones reference there!)
10. The shooting at VA Tech has just completely broken my heart. I can't imagine how that community is ever going to heal...especially with all the new information coming out.
11. I have some really great friends...and sometimes I think I don't appreciate them like I should. I have some great work friends...who make work SO worth while. It's not the job I love...it's the people. I have some great friends from college...who I don't talk to nearly as much as I should. And some great around town, just regular friends...who I wish I got to see more often.
12. Spending time with my family in Florida was really wonderful. My parents have thanked me for going along because they said I was really helpful. That felt nice...and you know, we just do what family does. But for me...it was great. I obviously loved seeing my adorable nephew, but I also loved spending time with my family as an adult...not as the child. I guess that's a huge difference when you are the baby in the family. So, the vacation was really, really wonderful.
13. Jeez...I always tend to use my TT's for a replacement for therapy, eh? Oh well...get it where you need it!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels: ,